First, I was very pleasantly surprised when Ashley over at Turquoise Ribbons gave me my first blog award, The Brilliante Weblog Award. Behold:
According to the ‘rules’ of this award, I now have to pass it on to 7 other bloggers. I’ll do that at the end of this post. (You can bet that’s going in my sidebar…)
Second, I quit. I mean, I handed in my resignation yesterday! I feel kind of bad because for my boss, it was completely coming out of left field, you know what I mean? His face had a mixture of disbelief, disappointment, anger, and I sensed some stress (at trying to find more people to come work here). Eek. The weird thing is, when I told him I was moving, the first thing he said was “Your parents are allowing you to leave?” Um, yes. I’m nearly 24, and maybe it’s about time I was completely independent? So, it’s official. I’m officially unemployed as of August 23rd. Eek!
Third, I have 80% of my NYC Fund all saved up! Woo! Not only that, but somehow I’m getting richer and I still have extra money to shop and do fun things with my friends. 😀 I love money, and money evidently loves me very much too.
Fourth, August is the month of birthdays! Two of my friends are having their birthdays on Saturday the 2nd (BBQ in the afternoon, clubbing in the evening), and then my celebration’s the weekend after. August is gonna ROCK! (Aside from the fact that Aug 2nd is my only Saturday off until I quit. Yuck.) And I still have my going away to plan as well…hmmm what to do!
Fifth, it’s finally stopped raining in Hong Kong. It’s been sunny for – get this – two days in a row! NO WAII. Wai. NO WAII. WAI, I’m telling you!
Ok, on to bloggy awards!
- JenBun over at The Good, Bad, and Lovely. Because she’s got tons of personality, and I bet we’d be great friends if we ever met. haha
- Summer at It’s Like Magic! Because she has the same birthday as me, and is also moving to NYC and looking for a job in book publishing. Everyone say, “HI, SUMMER!” (Plus, she’s funny. And likes Gossip Girl and headbands.)
- Jessica Maria, an NYC blogger, because she has awesome taste in music, and her and her fiance are seriously sweet (but not sickeningly, gag-me-with-a-spoon sweet). I’m gonna find me a love like that someday! 😉
- Inga, over at Brown Girl, because her blog is gorgeous, and so are the photos she shares! Plus, she just started a new side blog all related to interior decorating, filled with fresh, gorgeous pics of beautiful apartments/homes!
- Becoming a New Yorker, because she writes about all the little bits of New York-ness she encounters ever since moving there, and takes tons of pictures around the city as she explores it. Pretty much what I want to do once I move!
- Satire City – another NYC blogger, is a lovely writer. Plus, her latest post is about seeing ‘movie landmarks’ in person – this one’s the cafe in You’ve Got Mail (the scene where Tom Hanks is shaking the rails and going “I KNEW SHE’D BE PRETTY!” and going nuts) one of my fave movies ever!
- And last, but definitely not least, is The Everyday Adventures of Me in the City (no, not a New York blogger – Chicago!).
Now go amongst yourselves and pass it on to 7 more people!